Updated: 22nd June to remove links to expired promotion T&Cs (Click here to see our previous Terms and Conditions)
MatchPint ("MatchPint.co.uk", "MatchPint.com", "MatchPint.ie", the MatchPint app, or any other subsequent domain names as applicable) is operated by MatchPint Limited a company registered in England (Company Number: 07168721) with a registered address of 3A Westbourne Road, Islington, London, N7 8AR ('we', 'our', or 'us').
"You" means you, the user of MatchPint.co.uk, "Your" shall be interpreted accordingly. "We/Us" means Matchpint Limited and "Our" shall be interpreted accordingly. "Matchpint.co.uk" shall have the meaning as set out above. "User Information" means the personal details which may be provided by You to Us via Matchpint.co.uk. "Users" means the users of Matchpint.co.uk collectively and/or individually as the context admits. "Website" means a site on the World Wide Web.
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to Your use of the website located at www.Matchpint.co.uk and its related pages ("Matchpint.co.uk"). By using Matchpint.co.uk You agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out below.
If You do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, You should not use Matchpint.co.uk. We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time and so you should check these regularly. Your use of Matchpint.co.uk will be deemed an acceptance of the terms existing at that time.
Terms and Conditions applying users of the MatchPint Service
You agree that any use by You of Matchpint.co.uk shall be in accordance with the following conditions:
You will not copy, download, reproduce, republish, frame, broadcast, transmit in any manner whatsoever, any material on Matchpint.co.uk except as is strictly necessary for Your own personal non-commercial home use.
You will abide by the specific rules of any competition or promotion that You participate in on or via Matchpint.co.uk
You will not do anything that affects the operability or security of Matchpint.co.uk or causes unreasonable inconvenience or offence or disruption to our staff.
Access to Matchpint.co.uk is restricted to (a) those individuals who, in a personal capacity for their own private interests, wish to have access to information regarding location of pubs showing televised matches and other sporting events and/or take advantage of other promotions offered by Matchpint.co.uk, and (b) pubs and bars. No use of the Website is permitted to any commercial organisation to verify information, data or databases as to matches, pubs who have subscribed to the Matchpint service and/or other information on Matchpint.co.uk.
Content from our Website that is NOT available via our specific API's cannot be used for any commerical purpose, either individually or in aggregate, or be subsequently republished without explicit and written consent from MatchPint.
Third Party Websites
You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the availability of any third party Websites or material You access through the Matchpint.co.uk.
We do not endorse and shall not be held responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or services on or available from such Websites or material.
Any dealings between You and any third party advertisers or merchants found on or via Matchpint.co.uk, including payment for and delivery of products, services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are made between You and the relevant advertiser or merchant. Therefore, We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings.
All copyright, trademarks, database right and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of Matchpint.co.uk shall remain at all times vested in Us or Our licensors.
You are permitted to use this material or content only as expressly authorised in writing by Us or Our licensors. You will, and You will not assist or facilitate any third party to, copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, frame, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material or content. You further undertake not to extract from, reproduce, copy, adapt, store or download any information regarding matches being shown in pubs or the identity of such pubs to create another database or information resource whether or not such database or information resource would infringe our copyright or database right. You undertake also not to use Matchpint.co.uk to check or verify any similar databases or information resources to that of Matchpint.co.uk whether created, managed or operated by you or a third party.
If You become aware of any such distribution or commercial exploitation, You agree to notify Us immediately.
Liability for and information provided on Matchpint.co.uk
We will not be held responsible or liable for the content, accuracy, timing or reliability of any information or statements contained within Matchpint.co.uk.
We will endeavour to provide Matchpint.co.uk using all reasonable care but we rely on the correct uploading by subscriber pubs and bars to upload correct and up to date information to Matchpint.co.uk.
Except as required by law, We will not be responsible or liable for the quality, accuracy or fitness for a particular purpose of Matchpint.co.uk and do not promise that the match information or material contained in Matchpint.co.uk, or any of the functions contained in Matchpint.co.uk or its server will operate without interruption or delay or will be error free, free of viruses or bugs or is compatible with any other software or material.
We will be liable for any fraudulent misrepresentations We make and for any death or personal injury caused by Our negligence. We will not be responsible or liable to You for any other loss or damage that You or any third party may suffer as a result of using or in connection with Your use of Matchpint.co.uk.
The standard MatchPint subscription is charged at £20 per month, or at £200 per year. VAT will be charged if applicable. This price is valid for 12 months from the date of the first payment. Payments are made via our payment partner Directli/GoCardless (hereafter referred to as “Directli”), so you can be safe in the knowledge that the transaction will be securely handled.
If you are not already a Directli member you will be asked to complete registration (there is no charge for this service). Directli members need only log on and confirm subscription. Once Registered with Directli you can easily manage your subscription. In the case of monthly subscriptions your account will be debited within 4 days with the subscription fee and again at monthly intervals thereafter until cancelled. In the case of an annual subscription, your account will be debited within 4 days and a payment request will be sent to you 12 months after the first payment. You may cancel the subscription at any time before payment becomes due from your Directli account (see below).
Please note that if you cancel your Directli account, your account will be automatically cancelled at the end of your subscription period unless you organise a new payment method.
Refunds and Cancellations
Once the initial subscription is set up, you may cancel it and receive a full refund if the cancellation is made within 7 days of the initial transaction. Refunds will be made within 30 days of the original purchase. Refunds more than 7 days after purchase will generate an extra cost to us, which we reserve the right to pass on to you.
You may cancel your subscription at any time before the start of a new subscription period via your Directli account. If a subscription is accidentally cancelled please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you of the best way forward.
Operation of the MatchPint Service
MatchPint reserves the right to withdraw or modify aspects of the MatchPint service, or the entirety of it, where we have legal or commercial reasons to do so. There may also be times when the MatchPint service becomes inaccessible as a result of technical difficulties experienced by us or on the Internet. We will use reasonable skill and care to overcome these difficulties where they are within our control.
General Promotions Run on MatchPint
1.1. The customer must be a permanent resident of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or older at the time of entry and to redeem the offer (photo ID may be required). The manager and bar staff in participating outlets reserves the right to refuse service.
1.2. The voucher is valid for one use only. Only one reward per customer per day may be redeemed.
1.3. The voucher entitles the customer to one redemption of the displayed offer in a participating outlet (note regional licensing laws may apply).
1.4. The voucher is available and valid for redemption according to specific times, days and/or matches as stated by MatchPint.
1.5. The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or coupon.
1.6. The voucher has no cash alternative.
1.7. The offer applies to the displayed brand or promotion where applicable.
1.8. Screen shots or duplicates of the voucher will not be accepted.
1.9. This offer is subject to availability.
1.10. Customers must have a registered profile on MatchPint in order to redeem the voucher.
1.11. The decision of the pub landlord or management at the participating outlet is final.
1.12. MatchPint reserves the right to withdraw, amend or temporarily suspend this offer in its absolute discretion, provided that it shall not exercise this right unreasonably, including in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity
1.13. Alcohol must be consumed on the participating outlet’s premises.
1.14. This offer and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England, Scotland and Wales.
1.15. Where there is a reimbursement value agreed by MatchPint and/or relevant Brands to the pub, reimbursement to pubs will be provided by MatchPint via BACS transfer within 7 days of the campaign ending, unless MatchPint does not hold the relevant BACS details, or an alternative reimbursement process was agreed prior to commencement of the campaign
1.16. The reimbursement value received by pubs reflects the number of Reward redemptions as tracked by MatchPint - no other form of tracking will be accepted for reimbursement purpose, and MatchPint's say is final.
1.17. MatchPint reserve the right to request proof that the pub has held sufficient stock of any brands in question for the duration of any campaigns.
1.18. By redeeming the voucher, participants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
1.19. Due to certain restrictions on offers and promotions as stated by Scottish MPU regulations, some offers such as £1.96 pints and 2 for 1 pint promotions, are not available in Scotland.
If you feel that any aspect of the MatchPint service warrants a complaint, you may contact us by email at email@example.com, or in writing to MatchPint Limited, 3a Westbourne Road, Islington, London N7 8AR
Misuse of the MatchPint service
You will be able to promote your pub with the most appropriate wording that you wish to use. Since this is free text, we ask that all our customers promote their pubs in a responsible manner.
You are responsible for ensuring that no material you post, nor any activity or communication you make in connection with the MatchPint service, will be capable of breaching any applicable law, infringing the intellectual property, privacy rights or other rights of any person or entity, appearing to be false, libellous, offensive, defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, obscene, unreliable or misleading.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate any customer's access to the MatchPint service, and/or to remove, or require the customer to remove, material posted on the matchpint.co.uk website, if the relevant customer or material appears to us, or to a complainant, to be in breach of any provision of this Agreement. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate any customer's access to the MatchPint service, if the relevant Member is abusive or communicates offensive messages or images to another customer. Where we reserve a right in this Agreement, it does not mean we will be obliged to exercise it.
If any third party sites are linked to from the MatchPint service, this does not mean that we endorse or have any responsibility for the site in question or anything that appears on it.
Intellectual Property: You acknowledge that all copyright, trade marks, database right and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the MatchPint service (including the material which is contributed by customers) are owned by MatchPint Limited. Therefore, no-one may copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from the MatchPint service, or any of the match or pub information or other material which is found on the MatchPint service unless properly licensed to do so by us.
Excluded loss: We will not be liable to you or any third party for any loss not reasonably foreseeable by us when this Agreement commences.
Law: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, Wales and Scotland.
Nothing on this page affects your statutory rights.
Information about our customers is kept by us for the purpose of accounting and sales only. The information is treated as strictly confidential and is recorded in a secure medium. We do not allow any such information to be accessed by or made available to a third party except where we are obliged to do so by law. PayPal accounts are not managed by us and we have no access to them - please see the PayPal website for their terms and conditions.
MatchPint and Budweiser “Premier Predictor” Promotional Activity 2019/20
The Premier Predictor promotion runs throughout the 2019/20 Premier League™ season giving you the opportunity to predict the results of the televised matches. Players will be able to win Budweiser, Budweiser Prohibitions or soft drinks alternatives during every round of the Premier League, as well as being able to win Premier League™ game day tickets and other great prizes throughout the season. The promotion is available for players in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland who are over the age of 18. Full terms below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Apple are not a sponsor of MatchPint or the Premier Predictor promotion, and are not related in any way with this promotion.
No Purchase Necessary. Subject to availability.
Internet Access required. Registration to MatchPint app required.
The promotion will run between 26/07/2019 and 22/05/2020 inclusive (“Promotional Period”).
1) The promoter is MatchPint Ltd. (Company Number: 07168721) whose registered office is at 3A Westbourne Road, Islington, N7 8AR (the “Promoter”)
2) The promotion allows participants the chance to win a Free Drink, as defined and in accordance with the terms below (the “Promotion”).
3) The Promotion is only open to residents of the Republic of Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, England & Wales who are aged 18 or over, excluding any individual who is immediate family of the Promoter, or its associated agents or anyone that is professionally associated with the Promotion.
4) For the avoidance of doubt, all decisions in respect of the Premier Predictor (including registration, deadlines, points, winners and game rules) shall be at MatchPint’s absolute discretion. All such decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5) The Promotion will open at 12:01 am on 26/07/2019 and entries will close at 14:59 pm on 17/05/2020 (the “Eligibility Period”).
6) By entering the Promotion, the Participant will be deemed to have read and understood these Terms & Conditions and be bound by them.
How to Enter
7) To be eligible for a free drink or to win prizes, a participant must do the following:
a. Register, or have an existing registered profile on the MatchPint app;
b. Open the MatchPint app;
c. Make a prediction on the “Premier Predictor” (“Prediction”);
d. Successfully gain enough points to earn a prize, as laid out below.
8) Neither the Promoter, affiliates of the Promoter or Participating Outlets will be held responsible for technical errors that result in the Promotion malfunctioning on Participants devices. Human liability through the administration of this Promotion is specifically excluded.
9) Each round of Predictions gives the Participant the opportunity to win a free Budweiser, Budweiser Prohibition or soft drink alternative, Premier League™ match day tickets and other prizes as notified.
10) Entries will only be accepted through the MatchPint app.
11) To ensure the Promotion works correctly users will need to be connected to the internet, with Location settings on, via either 3G, 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi or alternative connections on their mobile device.
12) All entries through third parties, groups or agents will be deemed invalid. All entries and subsequent claims must only be made by the Participant. Any attempts to circumvent the system via force, scripts, automated devices, multiple accounts or any other means will not be accepted. Any prizes won via these methods will be disqualified and any prizes won will be invalidated.
13) To be eligible to take part in the Promotion, the Participant will be automatically entered into 2 public leagues – MatchPint Global League and the league of the Premier League™ team they select they are supporting. On these leagues, and any other public leagues, the Participants first name and last name will be displayed to other users on the App and Website.
15) Participants will only be able to make between 4 or 5 predictions per “Game Week” during the Promotional Period, depending on how many live Premier League™ matches are televised.
16) The Promoter, Partner or any affiliates are not liable for any costs incurred to the Participant via downloading the App or any other way linked to taking part in the Promotion. Therefore the Participant agrees to accept these charges wholly.
17) During the Promotional Period there will be the Premier Predictor available on the MatchPint app.
18) During each round of the Premier League’s 2019/20 football season (“Tournament”) Participants will be able to predict the score for each live televised Premier League football game. This will usually be between 4 and 5 games and is subject to change depending on broadcasters. If there are more than 5 games set to be televised during a round, MatchPint will determine which 5 games will be eligible.
19) Participants can only select one score for each game, but they will be able to alter their prediction as many times as they like until each game kicks off. In some instances this might be up to 1 minute before kick off.
20)There will be 3 rounds of fixtures available to predict at any one during the Promotional Period, but it is up to the Participant when they would like to make their predictions up to the aforementioned shut off point.
21) Participants will be awarded points for correctly predicting the outcome of each match, with a maximum score of 30 points per match.
22) The participant’s score for each match is calculated by:
a. No points will be awarded to the Participant if they do not correctly predict the match result (outright winner or draw) in the first instance.
b. In case of “A winner”:
i. 30 points, total, will be awarded for a “Perfect Score” where the correct winning team, and correct scoreline is predicted’
ii. 10 points, total, will be awarded for predicting the correct winning team, but not the correct scoreline;
c. In case of “A draw”:
i. 30 points, total, will be awarded for the correct tied scoreline
ii. 10 points, total, will be awarded for correctly predicting a draw, but not predicting the correct scoreline
23) A Participant can take part in as many, or as few, matches in each round as they would like.
The Prize of a Free Drink
24) There is a maximum of 1 (one) free Budweiser, Budweiser Prohibition or soft drink alternative, per Participant per game week of the Premier League to redeem in a Participating Outlet of the Participant’s choice
25) A Participant will be able to win by getting a “Perfect Score”:
a. correctly predict the result and the margin they will get an “Instant Win” voucher within the MatchPint app;
b. An Instant Win Pint is available immediately after the match ending that the prediction was made for;
c. The drink will be redeemable in a Participating Venue of their choice;
d. The drink will expire at 23:59 on the following Friday.
26) Gaining an “Instant Win” will activate a voucher within the MatchPint app that the Participant must display at a Participating Venue to unlock a free pint of Budweiser, Budweiser Prohbibition or soft drink alternative. Where the Participating Venue does not stock Budweiser on draught, the offer will be on a Bottle of Budweiser.
27) Participants will be able to request a soft drink alternative, subject to availability
28) Subsequent correct predictions in the same round do not count towards anymore “Instant Win” in that round, but the scores will contribute towards their total scores.
29) All free pints are reset at 23:59 every Friday.
Amazon Prime Fixtures - Free Drink
On the 26th and 27th December, MatchPint will be giving app users the chance to claim on free Budweiser. Players will be able to claim a Budweiser, Budweiser Prohibitions or soft drinks alternatives during the Premier League games on the stated dates. The promotion is available for residents over the age of 18 in England, Scotland, Wales.
30) To be eligible for a free drink a participant must do the following:
a. Register, or have an existing registered profile on the MatchPint app;
b. Open the MatchPint app;
c. Select Claim Offer from the campaign slice on the homepage
d. Check into a participating pub on the App and claim offer.
31) Participants will be able to exchange the voucher created in the App for a Budweiser (pint or bottle depending on stock), Budweiser Prohibition or soft drink alternative.
32) There is only one free drink available per participant in the duration of this promotion
33) Neither the Promoter, affiliates of the Promoter or Participating Outlets will be held responsible for technical errors that result in the Promotion malfunctioning on Participants devices. Human liability through the administration of this Promotion is specifically excluded.
34) Redemptions will only be accepted through the MatchPint app.
35) To ensure the Promotion works correctly users will need to be connected to the internet, with Location settings on, via either 3G, 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi or alternative connections on their mobile device.
36) All entries through third parties, groups or agents will be deemed invalid. All entries and subsequent claims must only be made by the Participant. Any attempts to circumvent the system via force, scripts, automated devices, multiple accounts or any other means will not be accepted. Any participants entering via these methods will be removed from the App.
37)The prize giveaways will run from the 26/07/2019 to the 10/05/2020.
38) Participants are automatically enrolled into 2 leagues, “Leagues”, on the first time they enter the Premier Predictor:
a. MatchPint Global League
b. Premier League Team Supporters League
39) Cumulative scores for all Predictions made in completed rounds will be visible in the Leagues section of the app. The scores will be included by month and as a total for each league the Participant is in.
40) The promoter intends (but does not undertake) for there to be 40 (forty) pairs of tickets to the Premier League in 2019 available to win during the Premier Predictor.
41) Each month of the Promotional Period prizes will be announced for each public league and will appear in the “Prizes Tab”. Future prizes will be greyed out, but if a Participant clicks on each Prize they will be able to see which League and prize month it corresponds to.
42) Prizes will be given to the Month Winner of the league the prizes have been allocated to.
43) In the event of any ties of score, prizes will be allocated to the Participant with the most correct scores. If that is also a tie, the Winner will be chosen by the Participant who set their prediction for the final game of the round the earliest. If in the unlikely event that is also a tie, the Winner will be selected at random.
44) Participants will receive a push notification and email from the promoter by highlighting a winning ticket, therefore Participants must have push notifications turned on to ensure they can be contracted.
45) Winners will be requested to put their contact information into the App when they are notified of winning a Prize in order to fulfil the prize only.
46) Participants are limited to five entries per round of matches
47)Any additional incurred costs by the Winner in winning prizes, shall be the Winner’s own and the Promoter or its affiliates accept no liability, save for postage and packaging.
48) In case of any tickets given away:
a. Winners must make their own way to the matches, and the Promoter will not cover any costs incurred;
b. Winners must be eligible to travel in the UK and Ireland on, or before, the date of their ticket winning and should remain contactable for 7 days after they have won;
c. The tickets may not be sold, or transferred
d. The tickets may only be transferred to immediate family in exceptional cases where the Winner cannot make the game, and the Promoter must be informed within 7 days of winning;
e. The tickets will be placed under the Winner’s own name (except if MatchPint has been informed as above), and they will require proof of ID;
f. Winner’s and any guests must be over 18 years of age;
g. The promoter reserves the right to re-award tickets if the winners have not responded by 23:59 on the following Tuesday of receiving their winning notification, or if they are unable to attend.
49) If the Promoter has not received confirmation from Winners within 7 days of being notified via both Push Notification, In-App Message and Email, the prizes may be reallocated at the Promoter’s discretion.
50) Prizes may be added to the Promotion at any point, these prizes will be visible, if the Participant is a member of that League, from within the App.
General and Winner’s Details
53) The promoter, or its partners or Affiliates may choose to use Participant’s names, or league names, for future promotional, marketing and publicitiy purposes of MatchPint or the Premier Predictor in any and all media without notice to them and without any fee being paid. If you object to the use of your name, or league name, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
54) The promoter may also wish to use, in addition to your name, a photograph of any Winners for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media. The Promoter will contact winners to request this consent directly.
56) Participation in no way obligates the Player to receive marketing communications from MatchPint, or its Affiliates, unless otherwise indicated during the registration to the Site, App, or when registering for this Promotion.
57)Free drinks may not be transferred, delayed or exchanged. They cannot be extended beyond the Friday
58) Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability, for any injury sustained, loss, or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or any tax liability incurred by any participant. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury sustained, as a result of, or in connection with this Promotion (in contract, negligence or otherwise) where:
a. there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to the participant;
b. the loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach; or
c. any loss or damage or increase in loss or damage results from a breach by the participant of these terms and conditions or to the extent that the participant has failed to mitigate such loss or damage; and
d. any loss or damage or increase in loss or damage results from business losses, and/or losses to non-consumers and any other third party.
59) In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
60) There are no cash alternatives for any of the prizes in this Promotion, in whole or in part. In events of circumstances outside the Promoters control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar or alternatives of equal or greater value.
61) The Promoter shall not be held liable for:
a. Systems failures at the redemption of the handling house
b. any failure to fulfil obligations of any third parties involved in this Promotion
c. any fraud committed by any third party nor in an event beyond its control
62) Participants consent by entering the Promotion that their personal information, including name and contact information, can be shared with 3rd Parties in order to fulfil Promotional obligations and fulfilment. This does not include the consent to receive marketing communications from these 3rd Parties
63) The Promoter’s decision is final in all promotional circumstances, and reserve the right not to enter into correspondence.
64) The decision of the pub landlord or management at the Participating Outlet regarding any Free Drinks in the Promotion is final.
65) All Participants in this Promotion must be of legal UK drinking age and over 18 at the point of entry into the Promotion, and must not knowingly refer anyone to the Promotion that is not of legal UK drinking age and over 18.
66) Winners consent to any reasonable publicity accompanying the Promotion required on behalf of the Promoter and its partners if so requested. This includes displaying and publication of the winners names and images.
67)No waiver – the Promoter’s failure to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision
68) This offer and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England, Scotland and Wales.
© 2011-2020, MatchPint Limited, all rights reserved