1. Virgil Van Dijk is one of six Saints players to join Liverpool since 2014. How many others can you name?
2. Who was the last player to score a hat-trick for Southampton in the Premier League?
3. Which Southampton player is ineligible for this game because he is still technically on loan from Liverpool?
4. The new manager bounce was especially palpable when Hasenhuttl joined in December but who were Saints’ opposition that day?
5. Naby Keita was signed by the current Saints boss for RB Leipzip in 2016, who did he join from?
Shane Long scores on the counter-attack to put Saints through to the semi-finals of EFL Cup.
1981/82...back when Saints did Liverpool what Liverpool now do to everybody else. And you thought playing out from the back was a recent phenomenon?
Who else but Robbie Fowler to pop up with a hat trick en route to a 7-1 drubbing of Saints back in 1999?
Did You Know?
- Since Klopp arrived on Merseyside, no side has beaten him more than Southampton have (3 times).
- Southampton haven’t scored a single goal in their last five Premier League games against the Reds.
- Liverpool haven't managed a clean sheet in their last four matches while, under Hasenhuttl, Saints have scored in 11 out of 12 games.
1. Sadio Mane, Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren, Nathaniel Clyne and Rickie Lambert.
2. Sadio Mane
3. Danny Ings
4. Arsenal – Saints tortured the Gunners on their way to a 3-2 victory with a late Charlie Austin winner.
5.The midfielder was signed by Hasenhuttl from their disgustingly-sweet-energy-drink cousins, RB Salzburg.