Budweiser Premier Predictor Key Opta Insights
Manchester United won just seven points from the last possible 30 against the ‘big-6’ last season.
The Red Devils are unbteaten in their past 6 home league games against the Blues.
21 out of 55 (40%) of the Premier League meetings between these sides have ended in a draw.
New to the Budweiser Premier Predictor and want to know what it's all about? Watch this short video for an easy explainer:
Footy Quiz (see answers below)
1. Which current Monaco man got laughed out the door at both United and Chelsea after one dismal season at each?
2. Harry Maguire was bought for United's second highest incoming transfer fee after Pogba. Who's the third and from which club?
3. Which long serving Blues stopper has joined Lampard’s coaching staff as goalkeeping coach?
4. In May, the Pensioners lifted the Europa League in Azerbaijan two years after the Mancs did it at the Friends Arena in which other European country?
5. Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney and Arsenal’s Theo Walcott appeared on the cover of which edition of EA Sports’ video game, FIFA?
Beckham to Solskjaer... Ole punnishing Chelsea back in 1997.
Jimmy Floyd with a foot like a traction engine.
When it couldn't possibly mean any more.
Did You Know?
United have lost more PL games (18) and condeded more goals (71) against Chelsea than against any other team.
When kicking off a top-flight campaign at home, United have lost just one of their last 26 matches (W19 D6), only losing against Swansea in 2014/15.
Chelsea have never lost when playing their first Premier League game of the season on a Sunday, with the Blues winning eight and drawing three of their 11 such games.
This will be the first ever competitive meeting between the two clubs where both managers previously played for their respective clubs.
Chelsea’s six PL wins at Old Trafford have come under six different managers – Glenn Hoddle, Ruud Gullit, Claudio Ranieri, Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti and Rafa Benitez.
1. Radamel Falcao
2. Angel di Maria - Real Madrid
5. FIFA 10