Footy Trivia (see bottom for answers)
1. Which Italian club did Barcelona buy Alexis Sanchez from?
2. There are only two senior competitions – one domestic, one international – that Gerard Pique has played in but never won. What are they?
3. Which Dutchman did Man United buy from Barcelona in 1996?
4. Which one-time United man assisted both goals as Barcelona beat Arsenal 1-2 in the 2006 Champions League final?
5. Who’s the only manager to have taken charge of both clubs?
Quite simply, a sensational game of footy:
Scholes’ rocket sends United to Moscow:
Rooney levels at Wembley:
Did You Know?
- Man United won the Champions League in 1999 despite winning just 5 of their 11 games. That said, their route was a minger, drawing Barcelona and Bayern in the group stages before facing Inter, Juventus and Bayern again in the knock outs.
- Mark Hughes is the top scorer in games between the two clubs with 3. Despite playing for both sides, all his strikes were registered in the red of United.
- Six of the first 10 Barcelona managers were English. Since the 1930s, three other poms have taken charge at the club – Vic Buckingham, Terry Venebles and Bobby Robson.
1. The United misfit was plucked from Udinese by Pep Guardiola in 2011.
2. The FA Cup and the FIFA Confederations Cup.
3. Jordi Cruyff, son of legendary Barca boss Johan.
4. Henrik Larsson came off the bench to lay on both goals as Barca came from behind in Paris.
5. Mad old Luis Van Gaal.
Last week’s showing at Wolves was the final straw for one fan.