Budweiser Premier Predictor Opta Insights
No Premier League fixture has produced more goals than this one in the entire history of the competition (155 goals in 54 games).
Liverpool are unbeaten in their last eight matches against Arsenal in all competitions (W4 D4) – they last enjoyed a longer such run in February 2000 (14 games).
The Gunners are without a win in their last six visits to Anfield in the league (D2 L4), conceding two or more goals in each match (22 in total).
The Analyst predicts...3-0 Liverpool
New to the Budweiser Premier Predictor and want to know what it's all about? Watch this short video for an easy explainer:
Footy Quiz (see answers below)
1. Five players have bagged a hat-trick in this fixture down the years but who managed the feat just last season?
2. Yossi Benayoun represented both clubs for a time but which country was he originally from?
3. Which Slovakian defender scored all three of his 2014 goals for the Redmen against Arsenal?
4. What club bought Kolo Toure from Arsenal for £16million in 2009 before offloading the Ivorian to Liverpool four years later?
5. Who were the two Scotsmen in charge of the two sides when they met on the decisive final day of the 1988/89 season?
Try watching this and not losing your shit. I dare you.
Crouchy, the lanky legend, notches the perfect hat-trick.
No doubt about it, Pires was an absolute baller.
Did You Know?
Liverpool have won 11 consecutive Premier League matches, equalling their best ever winning streak in the competition set by Brendan Rogers in April 2014.
Arsenal are hoping for a 100% from their opening three games for the first times since 2004/05.
The Redmen have gone 41 league games at Anfield without defeat (W31 D10), lasting losing to Big Sam’s Crystal Palace side, a run lasting two years and 31 days.
Roberto Firmino is one goal away from becoming the first Brazilian to score 50 Premier League goals.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has only scored three goals in 13 appearances against top-6 sides, (356 mins per goal). Aginast non big-6 sides he has 31 goals in 38 games (94 mins per goal).
Jurgen Klopp has face Arsenal seven times without defeat in the PL (W4 D3) – he hasn’t faced any other side more times without losing (7) – level with Everton.
1. Roberto Firmino
3. Martin Skrtel
4. Manchester City
5. Kenny Dalglish & George Graham